Saturday 14 May 2011

Making New Friends


Pip is starting to settle in with the herd, Murphy has stopped chasing him, and Niko has stopped biting him, well stopped biting him as much, and mostly all is well he is still at the bottom of the herd, and that means that if anyone feels like taking his food they do.



But it seems that Murphy is happy to share with him, and to think just a couple of days ago Murphy was chasing him around the paddock, and now they get on pretty well, Murphy will still take his food sometimes but things are a lot better for Pip now.



And Pip isn’t being coltish at all, so that is a plus and he is a lot better behaved with us now as well. Before we put him in with the others we thought that we might have to have him gelded, because he was being so badly behaved with us, but I guess he just wanted some company.

Thanks for the comments on my last post.

Abby, thanks for telling me about what was going on with Blogger. Horses and ponies do pull some very funny faces after having had a mint, glad you liked the photos.



5 comments:

Sherri B. said...

I missed your last post..Yes, Blogger has been down and it has left a lot of people very upset with lost posts, even past posts and comments lost!

Love all of these photos and so glad to hear that Pip is getting on better with the gang. I took a quick peek at your last post and had to laugh at all of the funny faces, they can sure make their lips go all crazy.

RDA Pony Tales said...

Lovely to see Pip and Murphy sharing their food, it is such a sweet photo of them together. As you will know, all horses have a herding instinct, so they all settle down eventually. Of course then the problems start when you have to take them away on a ride. My friends horse spends the whole hack out whinnying to his pals!
Glad everyone seems to be back blogging after it went down, hopefully not too many posts and comments have been lost.
Thanks for your comments on my post. I gave Spotty a huge hug around his neck the other day and I remembered the picture so thought it would make a nice header. I will be doing a post soon about the centre. We have had back to back lessons with no time for pictures lately and I have not even had time to ride Spotty as I do another job too. Anyway, have a nice day on Sunday with your horses & ponies :) Abby

Sherri B. said...

Here is a blog with horses that live a bit different than yours, I thought you might enjoy checking it out.

http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/

Autumn Mist said...

Fab photos again. It's good that Pip is settling in with the others, especially as he his a colt and so young, not all horses would put up with him! I've only just seen your previous post, too, I love the mint eating pictures. Mine eat them so quickly I'd never get time to take a picture as well!

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Wonderful, informative Blog...thanks for "dropping bread crumbs" so I could find my way to you. :) Sherri B. ~ thanks to you for mentioning us. I really enjoy seeing other folk's horses and lifestyles.