Monday 5 November 2012

A Much Needed Update


It's been a long time since my last post so a fair bit has been going on. To start with a lovely lady, whose name will not be mentioned, has allowed me to ride in her field, so Niko has some room to blow off steam and have fun. The ponies have been down too and they enjoyed themselves so that's been nice.

Oh and the circus came and set up in her field so that was nice because we got to meet the two horses that worked in it, they were both beautifully kept and they are Andalusians too which brings me on to my next piece of news.  
  

And here he is. I have had the pleasure of working with this fine chap, he is a 8 year old Andalusian gelding. I've been working with his buddy too, but I haven't got a photo of him, he is a Andalusian stallion. They are both great fun to work with and be around. The person that owns them is teaching me to ride and work on the ground with the horses in a classical way so it's very interesting and hard too, really hard. It's helping me with our horses too as I can apply all the things that I learn with the Andalusians to them.
  

But for now I am not getting to do anything with our horses as it is too wet, cold and muddy to ride so I am rather bummed out about that, but at least I got to put a funny hat on Murphy. Also our laptop died due to my dear brother spilling his breakfast cereal and milk all over it :( so I've lost my huge stash of horsey photos. I don't really want to go uploading all the new ones I take to the laptop I am using now as it kinda looks like it might break if you breath on it too heavily.
      

Still all in all things are pretty good with me, I hope you are all doing well and having lots of fun with your horses or whatever it may be that you have been focusing on.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good time - minus any bad weather - all my horses are fine and we're coping with the turn towards colder weather . . .

Ruth said...

How nice for you to be able to ride in the field.
That stallion is GORGEOUS! How awesome that you get the opportunity to work with him.

Mary said...

It's very nice to hear from you! I am glad you are well. I'm sorry to hear about your laptop, I hope you were easy on your brother...There is a very good possibility that you can recover those photos. It's really quite common.

Martine said...

It sounds like you've been too busy living to spend time blogging! What a great opportunity to ride and learn from the Andalusians and their owner, and to have a nice neighbour who lets you use her field.

Edward said...

Kate, yup it sure is fun, I am glad all your horses are well I'll look forward to browsing your blog now I am back.

Ruffles, It is very nice indeed that I am able to ride in the field, oh and the photo is of the gelding not the stallion, he's even better looking than the gelding.

Mary,It's nice to hear from you too thanks and no worries I was not hard on my brother he used the laptop more than me so was just as put out about it.

Martine, yes it's so nice that she let me use her field, lots of the people around here aren't very nice so it's great when you do meet someone nice.


Thank you all so much for your comments

Regards
Edward

allhorsestuff said...

Extremely late-
But hooting for the cool classical work you've been taught by the Andalusion owner.What a treat that will certainly carry over, to all your herd.
That field is gorgeous, what a blast to ride the open. You look great riding it to.

Be well Edward, come back to us, tell us some horse tales.
KK