Sunday 6 March 2011

My First Horse


No Keep is my first horse I bought him when I was 15. His stable name is Niko, he is a thoroughbred ex racehorse gelding registered with Weatherbys.

He is by Castle keep and out of No debt and he is 12 years old. His sire Castle keep was by Kalamoun and out of Fotheringay and his dam No debt was by Oats and out of Deep in Debt.


Niko raced a total of 13 times in National Hunt, Rules Races and Point to Point, his trainer was Peter Morris. He won one race and was placed third in another.

3 comments:

Elderberry-Rob said...

Hi just came to see your beautiful horses and they are beautiful, so glossy and healthy - clearly much loved - your pictures are very good. Will pop by again.

Autumn Mist said...

Deep in Debt is a very appropriate name for a race horse, isn't it? Your boy is very handsome. Pop by my blog sometime and see ours, we have an ex-racer too.

allhorsestuff said...

Your first horse is so beautiful!
I have a blogger friend here in the states, she retrains OTTB( off the track Thoroughbreds)She jsut got another one(has 2) and he is a hlf brother to one she already have. I love how she retrains them...slowy,lovingly and usually bitless!
HONEYSUCKLEFAIRE blog. she's awesome! her name is Juliette

Be well!
KK