Today I had another go at plaiting Niko’s mane, so to start with the humiliating part and I mean humiliating for Niko, but I did such a poor job it is a bit for me too. Anyway as you can see I started by dividing the mane into sections, I was then going to put a product on the section I was plaiting to make it easier to plait, but my spraying head thingy on the bottle broke, so I had to do it without the help of Chestfields, not off to a good start.
But here is the finished result of my hard work and Niko’s patience, even if he did bite me, the polo made him do it. As you can quite clearly see it is far from neat which is sadly sort of the point of plaiting your horse, the plaits are mostly different sizes, they are meant to all be the same, and traditionally there should be an uneven number of plaits in the mane but I forgot about that at the time.
And here is his mane looking all curly and messy after I took the plaits out, so all in all not so successful, but I guess practice makes perfect, or hopefully it does. This was my third time plaiting a mane up so I have a lot of practising still to do.