Thursday 7 April 2011

Happy Hacking

Hacking can be a lot of fun, that said it can be a lot of trouble. I think it is normally trouble for me as Niko is not really a happy hacker, he will spook at the smallest thing such as wood pigeon, gardeners, or a magpie that he doesn’t like the look of, but when it comes to cars, tractors, and lorries he is good as gold which is just as well because all my hacking is road work.
Anyway the photos I have taken are pretty poor, I find it very hard to ride and use a camera at the same time. I did not take many photos as I was worried about dropping the camera, I should probably get a camera that has a neck strap if that is what it’s called so that if I let go of the camera it doesn’t mater.


Thanks for the comments on my last post, Abby, it is quite easy to do, I use Photoshop which when you get the hang of it it’s easy to use the basic stuff which is all I have done.

allhorsestuff, I am probably being quite stupid, but what does (makes waver) mean? Oh and you commented on my post “Muddy Horses”, you said about a pressure mark. The mark you saw is on Niko my gelding, he has two white freeze mark stripes on his withers, they were there when we bought him.

2 comments:

Sherri B. said...

Your photos look fine. I use my camera strap around my neck always because I am so clumsy and it is too expensive to replace if I dropped it.

Michelle said...

I love the word "hacking," as it is unique and interesting. Here in the states we go on "trail rides," or just "rides." Your photo's look fine. I would definately use a neck strap next time. It will take your mind off worrying about dropping your camera and let you be more free to take photo's and enjoy the hack.

I could never take Rosie on rides near a roadway as she spooked really easy. If I ever have the opportunity to own a horse again, I want it to be bombproof.

Have a great day!