Monday 11 April 2011

Where Did My Finger Go?

She looks so nice doesn’t she and she is, but her teeth are stronger than I realized much stronger than I knew, and today was the day I learned just how strong they are. So here is what happened; Madeline went out first as always, my Mother turned her out. Meanwhile I was getting Niko ready to go out, as I was turning Niko out my Mother opened the gate to let Niko and I into the paddock, just as we went in my Mother saw a bucket, Madeline was eating from it.

We stopped her eating it which is a good job too, it was goat feed. Anyway my Mother went to get something to clean up the rest of the goat feed, meanwhile I lead Madeline around to stop her eating any more goat feed, and then one little nip.



And I ended up with this stylish finger warmer, yep that’s right she wentt straight through my finger nail and took a bit off the side too. Oh well that is just what I get for not paying attention, I guess she did not want to be taken away from her goat feed. Madeline is all right despite the goat feed and I’m sure my finger will heal up, I love Madeline no less and I am sure she meant no harm or not a lot.

Thanks for your comments on my last post.

Abby yes I am schooling Madeline for my Mother so yes I was riding her, not sure if I will be able to ride with my finger how it is we will see.

4 comments:

RDA Pony Tales said...

Oh no, poor you. First your foot and now your finger, Madeline will have no idea what she has done and am sure she would be very sorry if she could understand. One of the naughty RDA ponies always tries to bite his handler which is deliberate, but sometimes fingers do get in the way and unfortunately for you this is the case. I notice it is your left finger that is bandaged so hope you are right handed. Take care, Abby

Sherri B. said...

Oh No! How horrid, your poor finger!! I know she didn't mean to do it, just one of those things that just go wrong. I hope that your finger will be healing up soon. I am also glad to hear that the goat food did not hurt her.

Michelle said...

Ouch! Yes, horses have quite a powerful nip and I don't believe they know their own strength. Once, Rosie bit down on my finger while I was feeding her a treat. I received a nasty bruise, but no skin was broken. I think Madeline would be horrified if she knew she hurt you that bad.

Just make sure you keep it clean, especially after all your horsey chores. It will heal fast, wait and see. You will be back in the saddle in no time. :-)

allhorsestuff said...

OH!!
I kept reading about you "healing"..I found what from!So sorry for that unfortuneate event.
Sometimes..we get reminded about horses apinfully so. I have many times, in the past and always am thankful, it was not worse for me as i am reminded!

Glad you are healing up!!How very cool that you will ride with your mum!! I love riding with my sissy!