Thursday 28 April 2011

Just One of Those Days


Yesterday was a very frustrating day. First of all I decided I would pick all the horses/ponies feet out, I started with Murphy who would not stop spinning around, after I finally finished Murphy’s feet I did Niko’s and Madeline’s they were both good about it. Then I tried to do Pip’s feet and he wouldn’t stop biting me, I finally got all their feet done and then it was time to ride.




Oh that didn’t go so well, any of you notice something different about Madeline’s bridle, I put the reins over her head and then just as normal I went to put the bridle on, and then she just took off dragging the bridle with her as she ran around the paddock, when she stopped there was a lot less bridle left to put on, she had torn off the brow band the nose band and the throat lash. But I did get her all tacked up in the end, she didn’t seem any different to when I was riding her with a intact bridle, so I guess that is a good thing.



Thanks for the comments on my last post.

Sherri, and Abby, yes I am sure it is just a lot of fun for them, they do love doing new stuff just as long as it isn’t scary, maybe I should buy them all some horse toys.

5 comments:

Sherri B. said...

Yes, horse toys are what they want. I think they would be very happy with that!

RDA Pony Tales said...

Oh dear, sounds like you had a tough day. I hope they all behave for you at the weekend and you don't lose any more tack. Abby

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

you need some cross ties out there! lol...what bad ponies! it is spring and mine are full of it. perhaps they will be better when summer comes.

Michelle said...

They are sure full of spirit...aren't they? Have you tried lunging them first to get the sass out of them? If Rosie didn't want her hooves picked out she would lean into me with all her weight and throw me off balance. Silly horse.

Chin up Edward, for tomorrow will be a better day.

Many Blessings,
Michelle

C and C Antiques and Animals - What a Life! said...

Probably the spring weather causing the mischief. Hope the weekend is better for you. The fencing looks wonderful and the horse will certainly enjoy the grass!