Friday 15 April 2011

Seabiscuit the Movie

I have only just watched Seabiscuit, and I’ve got to say if you have not all ready seen it you should really go and watch it, it’s got to be my favourite movie, it is absolutely brilliant.

I can’t say a lot as I don’t want to give any thing away, the actors all play their parts great, horse and human. Here is a little bit more about it; Seabiscuit is set in the 1930s, the story revolves around three men who turned a seemingly untamable horse into a champion. It takes a bit to get started as the stories of all three men come together, the movie really starts when Seabiscuit turns up.




Jeff Bridges is Charles Howard, a thriving entrepreneur that gives horses racing a go when some things happen, this is me trying not to give any thing away, obviously a lot more than some thing happened. And Chris Cooper plays Tom Smith, a horse trainer who sees the potential of Seabiscuit, Tobey Maguire is Red Pollard, the jockey that rides Seabiscuit. Anyway there is a lot more to it then that but I think that will do.


If you have seen Seabiscuit and have an opinion on it feel free to post it. Thanks for all your comments on my last post.

Abby, if you want to check out the Elim-a-Net website here is a link, Parell Product.

4 comments:

RDA Pony Tales said...

I meant to go and see this film when it came out but never got around to it. I will get it on DVD as you have recommended it so highly.
Thanks for the link to the Elim-a-Net website, it is appreciated.
Have a great weekend, Abby

Sherri B. said...

I have never seen it but had heard that it was a great movie...Hope your finger is doing well.

Have a great weekend.

allhorsestuff said...

Cool Edward..I did love the movie too!
My mother REMEMBERS seeing the race!!! That anouncer was amazing too!
If you want to learn about the behind the scenes..I bought the papaerback book and it has increadible info of the racing world..not too pretty. And pretty harmful for the jockys
They do have it MUCH safeer and better now though.
(I am NOT a fan of racing at all)

jane augenstein said...

Hi Edward! I saw you had stopped by my blog so I though I would pop in to say "Hi!"
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Seabiscuit and have the DVD and have watched it many times. I am not a race fan but this movie is about so many things, not just the horse. The lives of the people involved is fascinating!
Great movie!!!