Friday 19 August 2011

The Weird and Not So Wonderful




Warning this post contains images you may find disturbing.



Here’s a slightly longer post to make up for the short one. I have encountered lots of odd things revolving around horses, like the time I was poo picking when Pip was being kept on his own and I found a dead mouse smothered in a poo. Now that has to have been a very good shot or a very stupid mouse, whatever happened it was a big shock to me. I did not take a photo of that one.




And the time I found a bird’s leg in the water bucket, how it got there I don’t know, I think a bird of prey must have been flying over and dropped it by mistake. I wondered why no one had drunk from the bucket, well there was my answer.



And last but not least the time we went to throw away the rubbish left over from the haylage and found this little chap. It was quite a pleasant surprise considering the other things. This toad had made his/her home in the rubbish so we had to leave it and wait for them to move on, and then throw it away.

If you have any weird or funny animal related stories feel free share them.





3 comments:

Sherri B. said...

Love the foot in the water! I can't think of any stories to share right off the bat but will think on it.

Sand. said...

I don't have a picture, but the bird-foot reminded me of when I worked for our polo club...

I was out mowing the field for an upcoming tournament, and wanting a 'professional' look, decided to remove the goal posts, which are just 4" PVC pipe about 9' high, stuck in the ground.

...Boy was I surprised when I lifted this 9' pole out of its hole and found a WHOLE dead bird in there! How do you accidently fly INTO a 4" pipe??! Or perhaps he'd drunk too much cider and fell in while perched??

Such weird creatures!

allhorsestuff said...

Ooou...and oh man..that is no LITTLE CHAP of a bull frog! Wowee he was huge!