Wednesday 31 August 2011

All King Edwards Horses Can’t Make Big Fences


Today’s lesson went quite well or at least I think it did but you would have to ask my instructor to know if it really did go well, anyway I had fun. I have mostly been learning the basic stuff the sort of stuff I should have learnt at the riding school I went to but, now I know more about riding it turns out that my old riding instructor didn’t know the first thing about riding or if they did they must have just chosen to not teach it, anyway back to my lesson, I have been working on lots of things like my transitions and getting the horse to work from behind, I also used spurs today I was not exactly skilful with them but I hope that will come with time. All In all it was a lot of fun and I think I have learnt a thing or two, oh and my saddle pad has arrived to day so I will soon be able to try it out.




In other news September is just a few hours away so I thought I would share some of my favourite blogs with any of my viewers that care to take a look, these blogs are all great and are well worth taking a look at and following in the new month.

My Spotty Pony this is a great blog full of interesting posts with beautiful photographs of England and some of its most wonderful estates and lots more.

Little House in Paradise is a lovely blog full of good nice to read posts with some truly wonderful stories, read the one about bees.

All Horse Stuff this blog is a lot of fun and may even teach you a thing about riding it’s a great blog for someone interested in trail riding or just horse stuff.


Please check out these blogs they are all great reads and a lot of fun to follow with nice friendly owners that run their blogs very well. There are so many good blogs out there that obviously I can’t list them all but take a look on my side bar for more good blogs.


4 comments:

Debi said...

Edward - We'll probably see you next week cantering around the ring or making some fantastic jumps. I know you are having a great time. Can't wait to see the new saddle pad. Have fun!!

AC Quigley said...

Glad that you enjoyed your lesson and have learnt new things to help you. I've always found that each time I change instructor I learn a new way of doing things - sometimes they are better but other times they just don't work for me. It's not a nice feeling to think that previous lessons have not been done correctly or haven't been taught well (I've had those experiences too!) but the great thing is finding techniques that work and make my riding experience so much more fun!
Andrea

RDA Pony Tales said...

Thank you so much Edward for the link to my blog, it is really kind of you and Spotty and I do appreciate it :)
I am so glad your lesson went well and having a good instructor makes all the difference. I still have the occasional lesson, but because I am not as fit as you, I find leg yielding and riding 10m circles for an hour usually finishes me off for the day!! I hope the pad works and look forward to reading your progress. Thanks also for your nice comments on my post. There were lots of ducks looking at the bed but none seemed keen to try it! Abby

allhorsestuff said...

Now that was the nicest thing Edward! Featuring blog's for folks! Thanks for the write up too!

I did have a chuckle( and part scowl) about the old riding instructor comment...them not knowing, or choosing not to share knowledge. Ha! One if my higher end stables I boarded at , the instructor there was Luke that with.me. I wad.the only one out of 20 boarders that did NOT have to pay for her lessons- mandatory- Yup...if you boarded there you HAD to pay for lessons. The stable was experienceing a lull in boarders so I slipped in and was told I did not have to buy lessons.
The instructor did.take offense and when I did take Dressage lessons she told me such idiotic things...totally wasting my time money, and potentially getting me hurt . My mare does nor like arena work and pulls all manner of actions if someone had me do stupid unthinking, boring things.

So, I'm happy to here that your instructor is worthy and close too!!
KK