Wednesday 10 August 2011

It’s Worth the Smell


We have been feeding Honeychop for quite sometime now and it has never failed to please, we had been feeding the Honeychop plus Apple which all the equines loved. I do love to try new products and different feeds, so I thought it was time for a change, so I chose Honeychop plus Garlic it sure is smelly but it sure is good.



As well as being something different to Honeychop plus Apple for the horses and ponies to try Honeychop plus Garlic also contains a higher protein level, and is great for the summer as the garlic helps to repel flies.



As you can see the new feed goes down very nicely, all in all the Honeychop plus Garlic is a very good feed, it helps to keep your horse in good health, and keeps the flies away, if you are interested in feeding Honeychop click the link to visit their website.




5 comments:

Sherri B. said...

How interesting that the horses don't mind the garlic. We have heard the same about giving garlic to dogs but have not been lucky in that area...they look at me like I'm trying to pull one over on them. It looks like the horses just mop it down, that's great!

Mary said...

Garlic...interesting. I guess you learn something new every day.

Autumn Mist said...

I would love to give mine garlic, as the flies this year are horrendous (are you finding this?) but Barnaby is such a good doer I can't give him a feed in the summer or he'll pile the weight on. Plus, because flies annoy the horses, they walk around more to get away from the flies, which is more exercise!

Edward said...

Thank you all very much for your comments.

Sherri, yes I have heard of people using garlic on dogs to help with flies and fleas, I think if they are not so big on the idea of eating garlic as it comes, you can buy a garlic powder to put in their feed, but I don’t know if they will eat it like that as I have never tried.

Autumn Mist, yes I am finding the flies to be a pain, Niko has been having the most problems with flies, they really are annoying, I know what you mean about putting on weight Murphy is a very good doer, and we do have to keep a very close eye on him.

Honeychop said...

Hi Edward

We think your blog and photos are fantastic and wondered if we could use some of your pictures on our website. If you could contact us on info@honeychop.com to discuss if this is possible we would be greatful. i look forward to hearing from you Kind Regards
Rachel