Tuesday 5 July 2011

Pigs and Ponies


I like to let the horses and ponies get used to all kinds of stuff and that includes other animals, like this funny looking chap here, this is Hugo and he is a Kune Kune boar. Brave little Murphy has no worries going head to head with this pig, rightly so, Hugo is just one of my Mothers pigs and has had a lot of handling and love. To find out more about the pigs (click this link to visit a blog dedicated to these pigs) but that is all from me for now pigs are not so much my thing, but feel free to check out the blog my Mother runs about them.

5 comments:

RDA Pony Tales said...

Hi Edward, thanks for your comment on my post. I probably will not get a chance to leave many comments over the coming weeks, so hope you will not think I have deserted your blog if I miss some of your posts.
Murphy is very brave indeed. In all the years of working with horses and ponies, I have not come across many that like to be in the company of pigs.
The picture you took of Murphy and Hugo is a lovely one, and they do seem to be making friends.
Have a good week
Abby

ted and bunny said...

hi- just like Abby, I've not known many horses who would converse with a pig; what a clever pony!

No, you're not showing on my list of Followers- have you clicked the Followers button on the left sidebar?

Let me know how you get on, it would be great to have more of your lovely comments
x

Edward said...

Thank you both for your comments.

Abby, looking forward to your return and missing you all ready. Yes Niko is scared of the pigs and so is Tipper but Murphy is quite happy to go and take a look, I think he likes Hugo.

Ted and Bunny, yes Murphy is indeed a clever pony, I do wonder why he likes the pigs. It says I am following your blog on my dashbord now, is it just taking sometime for me to show up? And yes I did follow you by clicking the button on the sidebar, if I am still not showing up by the time you next stop by let me know and I will have to try and re-follow you, thanks for letting me know.

Sherri B. said...

I do believe that Hugo is a weather pig and he is telling Murphy the forcast for the day...clear and sunny.

Edward said...

Thanks for commenting.

Sherri, you maybe on to something, the day was indeed clear and sunny, so I guess that makes Hugo a weather pig just like you say :).